The RDF Of Attica is a Private Law Entity which is managed by the Board of Directors and the Regional Governor, as chairman of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall be constituted by decision of the Regional Governor for a five-year term and shall decide on any matter related to the powers of the Fund, except for matters falling within the competence of the President.
The organization and staffing of the RDF of Attica is determined by its Staff Regulations, which is approved by the Minister of Interior, Decentralization and eGovernment, according to the provisions of article 193 of Law 3852/2010.
Board of Directors - Chairman of the BoD (No. 191, Law 3852/2010)
The Fund is managed by the Board of Directors and the President. The Board of Directors. is constituted by decision of the Regional Governor for a five-year term and consists of:
- the Regional Chief as President,
- a member of the Executive Committee of the Region,
- a member of the Economic Committee of the Region,
- a representative of the first runner-up combination indicated by him,
- two representatives from the employers' organizations and the relevant Chambers,
- a representative from labor unions,
- two Heads of Service of the Region designated by the Regional Governor, preferably by the Directorate concerned.
The Board of Directors manages the affairs and interests of the Fund and administers it. It shall decide on any matter relating to the powers of the Fund, except for matters falling within the competence of the President.
The President of the Fund:
- Represents the Fund in the courts and in any public authority and gives vows to the fund.
- Executes the decisions of the board of directors.
- He is the head of the staff of the Fund, decides on the appointment of all kinds of service changes and the exercise of disciplinary control in accordance with the relevant regulation and issues the relevant acts.
- Orders the collection of the Fund's proceeds and issues the money orders for payment at the expense of budget appropriations.
- Signs the contracts entered into by the Fund.
- Exercises the powers conferred by law or other provisions, by the Regulation and by decisions of the Board of Directors.
- It may, by decision, entrust to the Deputy Chairperson and Fund officers the power to sign decisions, documents, warrants or other acts of his or her competence under a mandate.
Management (Ministerial Decision 4683 / 1998, article 4)
He heads all departments and is responsible for their efficiency and efficient operation by planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling their activities. The Director of Services shall exercise the powers conferred on him by the Chairman of the Board by decision.
In particular, the Director of the Fund:
- Attends the meetings of the Board of Directors. without the right to vote and the submission of the decision of the Board of Directors.
- Ensures the effective execution of the decisions of each Board of Directors and the Chairman,
- Informs the Chiefs of Departments,
- Monitors and coordinates the work of all the ATA Services. (Operational Programs, etc.) are drafted in collaboration with the departments responsible.
- Ensures timely preparation of the action and operating budgets and periodic financial reports and informs the Chairman of the Board and the Board of Directors accordingly.
- Informs the Chairman and the Board of Directors. for the progress of the implementation of the approved Programs and in general for the execution of its decisions.
- Suggest to the Board of Directors to modify the Action Plans of the PTA when considered necessary depending on their evolution or changes in the objective conditions.
- Chairs the Coordination Council and coordinates the activities assigned to the Chiefs of Departments.
- Organizes, coordinates and controls the activities of the services so that the action programs or the specific decisions and mandates of the Board of Directors are implemented efficiently and effectively.
- Cooperates with heads of other administrative units of the Region's services as well as with the local or central bodies involved in the operations of the Fund.
- Undertakes the preparation of all kinds of Regulations concerning the procedures of Operation of the services and submits these Regulations for approval by the Board of Directors. recommends, where necessary, the amendment of the provisions of these Regulations.
- Monitors and is responsible for the implementation of the previous regulations. Seeks to improve the efficiency of the operation of the Operational Mechanism, to adapt its operation to the needs of the region and to improve the performance of the staff and technical resources of the Fund.
- Is responsible for the signing of all documents of the officers of the departments, supervises and for their recommendations to the higher hierarchical levels other than those relating to competencies that have been decentralized in the departments.
- If Director is absent, he is being replaced by the Head of Department appointed by the President.
Department of Financial Management of Investment Programs (Υ.Α.4683 / 1998, αρ.5)
The general objective of the Department is to manage, in accordance with the decisions of the Regional Council, the appropriations of the Public Investment Program, financing of public sector bodies and other legal persons, financing from programs of the European Union and other international organizations and other bodies abroad , which concern the regional, prefectural, local and special development programs of the Region.
More specifically, the Department's responsibilities include: Informing the Regional Planning and Development Directorate with the necessary financial data and information to draw up the annual regional PPP project or to draw up the budget of other programs within the guidelines of the relevant central authorities (eg Ministry of National Economy) and program monitoring bodies (eg Monitoring Committees for ROPs)
Receipt by the Department of Planning and Development of the Region of a written recommendation for the payment of each expenditure, certifying the progress of each project and certifying the eligibility of the expenditure to be financed. Collection and verification of the supporting documents for each item of expenditure and issue of a written submission (with attached supporting documents) to the Department of Financial Services for the audit, liquidation, issuance of a money warrant and finally issuance of a check to the executor of each project at its expense of the SEPA specific budget or the budgets of the other programs.
Keeping records of supporting documents (eg contractors' contracts, supervisor's accounts, loan agreements, contribution certificates, etc.) per expenditure, per project, per sector or measure of projects, per subprogramme, etc.
Monitoring of the progress of the projects' implementation of the measures and of the programs as a whole from the financial point of view and the preparation of periodical reports (eg monthly, quarterly) of the progress of their financial implementation and of the annual financial report. Informing the President and the BoD of the Fund as well as the relevant bodies and bodies.
Co-operation under the instructions of the relevant bodies of the ATF with the competent authorities for transferring to the Fund the necessary appropriations for the financing of the annual EDP or other programs with the Regional Planning and Development Division for credit budgeting and pre-assessment of the expenditure required for the smooth implementation of the PIP, as well as with the members of the Secretariat of the Monitoring Committee and with the management and evaluation advisors of the ROPs on financial management issues of the program of
Department of Scientific Support and Program Implementation (Υ.Α.4683 / 1998, αρ.6)
The general scope of the Department is the technical support of the Region, especially in the field of studies and research and the implementation of programs assigned by the Region for the more efficient use of resources, participation in EU programs, execution of projects, the provision of services and the implementation of programs on behalf of the Fund.
More specifically, the Department's responsibilities include:
Scientific and technical support of the regional and local administrations and services in the exercise of their responsibilities and in particular in the planning and implementation of regional development programs. Provision of scientific or technological assistance on specific matters involving the Fund's or Regional Administration's departments and bodies. Supporting the Fund's participation in EU programs. (Proposals and implementation). Informing / informing the services of the Region about their ability to participate in EU programs. Providing technical assistance for the submission of proposals.
Planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs commissioned by the Region to the Fund.
Caring for the provision of services in the implementation of previous programs.
Planning of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technical assistance programs (Drafting of technical activity sheets, preliminary studies, feasibility studies, monitoring reports, progress reports, etc.).
Drawing up proposals or suggestions, processing and presenting data necessary for the purposes of the Fund or the Region.
Investigations - development of studies (development, organizational, computerization, technical and economic studies, feasibility studies, evaluation, etc.). Suggestion for the feasibility of awarding studies - surveys to third parties, drawing up specifications for studies and adhering to award procedures. Monitoring the development of studies commissioned to third parties, adherence to the procedures for evaluating, checking and receiving studies from a qualitative and contractual point of view. Documentation - Statistics - Keeping a record of studies related to the Region of Computerization and more general use of information technology for the benefit of the Fund and the Region.
Department of Financial Services (Y.A.4683 / 1998, No.7)
The main subject of the Department is the financial management of the Fund, the payment of all types of expenditure and the maintenance of the required records, books and data. The Department is also responsible for collecting and processing the necessary data for the preparation, modification and monitoring of the budget execution, the accounts and any other financial situation of the Fund.
In particular, the responsibilities of the Department of Financial Services are as follows:
Drafting and monitoring the implementation of the Fund's annual revenue, expenditure, projects and investments budget.
Draw up balance sheet, balance sheet and profit and loss account.
Audit of expenses, certification of fees, rights and contributions
Accounting (revenue / expense monitoring, accounting)
Cash management (receipts / payments) of the Fund
Property matters of the Fund
Department of Administrative Services (Υ.Α.4683 / 1998, αρ.8)
The main object of the Department is the administrative support of the Fund and the general concern for the smooth operation of its services. Also, this Department monitors all issues of personnel status and development, has the responsibility of maintaining and safeguarding the equipment as well as the cleanliness of the buildings and finally the department covers public relations and communication issues.
In detail, the responsibilities of the Department of Administrative Services include:
Secretarial support of the President and the BoD (organizational preparation of meetings, keeping of minutes, drafting of BoS decisions)
Public Relations / Publicity
Secretarial support of the Director and Legal Service
All staff and staff issues
Call center operation / Reception, information to the public.
Logging Incoming / Outgoing Documents - Maintaining a General File.
Processing (copying, mailing, sending, faxing).
External custody work, maintenance - storage of equipment and buildings of the Fund
The financial management of the PTA Attica is acting on the basis of its own revenue and expenditure budget, which is approved by the Board of Directors of the Fund upon the recommendation of the President. The Fund has its own cash service, acts on receipts and payments, has the responsibility for the management of its cash resources and its chairman is the authorizing officer. For their operation the Funds do not burden the State Budget. Their expenses are covered by the services they provide. The resources of the Regional Fund are:
1% of the funds it manages.
Income from fees, royalties and contributions.
Revenue from participation in EU programs ..
Revenue from the provision of services, execution of work, research and studies and programs.
Revenue from any kind of subsidy.
Income from donations, bequests, inheritances.
Revenue from the Fund's assets.
Revenue from any other source.
For accounting purposes, it applies the double-entry system, applying the General Accounting Plan, adapted to its needs, and has a specialized software system for monitoring its financial management.
Following the New Update of the Register of General Government Bodies of the Hellenic Statistical Authority in October 2012, the Regional Development Funds were included in it, thus acquiring all the obligations of the General Government Agencies.
The Regular Control of POs by Statutory Auditors or by the Court of Auditors.
Exceptional testing of PTAs can be done:
By chartered accountants elected from tables submitted by the IOC by decision of the Minister of the Interior, Public Administration and Decentralization.
From a three-member Audit Committee consisting of the President of the Court of Auditors of the Region, an IPC civil servant with experience in financial management and a statutory auditor.
Inspector of the Ministry of the Interior, Public Administration and Decentralization. The Audit Committee or the Inspector shall be appointed by decision of the Minister of the Interior, Public Administration and Decentralization.